TEN IRRATIONAL IDEAS
1) The idea that you must have approval from all the
people you find significant.
2) The idea that you must prove thoroughly competent,
adequate and achieving or you at least must have
competence or talent in some important area.
3) The idea that when people act obnoxiously and
unfairly, you should blame them and damn them, and
see them as bad, wicked, or rotten individuals.
4) The idea that you have to view things as awful,
terrible, horrible and catastrophic when you get
seriously frustrated, treated unfairly, or rejected.
5) The idea that emotional misery comes from external
pressures and that you have little ability to control or
change your feelings.
6) The idea that if something seems dangerous or
fearsome, you must preoccupy yourself with and made
yourself anxious about it.
7) The idea that you can more easily avoid facing many
life difficulties and self-responsibilities than undertake
more rewarding forms of self-discipline
8. The idea that your past remains all-important and
that because something once strogly influenced your
life, it has to keep determining your feelings today.
9] The idea that some people and things should turn
out better than they do and that you must view it as
awful and horrible if you do not find good solutions to
life's grim realities.
10) The idea that you can achieve maximum human
happiness by inertia and inaction or by passively and
uncommittedly "enjoying yourself