Top Ten Tips for the Best Year of Your Life
We typically think of New Yearís as the time to make annual resolutions and start fresh. Unfortunately, we all know that most resolutions are quickly forgotten. The good new is that "now" is always the best time to take charge of your future and create the life you want. Real success is about choosing your priorities, and then following a plan that emphasizes the things that are most important to you. With that in mind, here are 10 suggestions for creating a wonderful, productive and rewarding year for yourself (and your practice)!
1. Take time to decide what you really want this year. What would make it a great year, a fantastic year for you? Dream and scheme, and then dream bigger! And write it down, just for the fun of it.
2. Mark one day each month, just for you. Use ink, not pencil, and schedule an appointment with yourself for one full day each month. Have fun and renew yourself, just for the joy of it. Every single month. No exceptions.
3. Take more vacation that you had planned. Look at the calendar and write in a couple extra weeks off! Relax. Do things you enjoy. Go camping, rent a cabin at the beach, visit old friends, or climb a mountain. Just do it!
4. Commit to a project youíve dreamed of but havenít done. This is not a "should" or a "have to". Itís an "Iíve always wanted to but never did" project. Learn to ski, write a book, visit Niagara Falls, start a business, or run for mayor. This is the time!
5. Buy four books youíve always wanted to read, and schedule time for them. Put it in your appointment calendar as "continuing education" or "research", and enjoy!
6. Donate time each week to a cause or group that needs your help. Mentor a child, support the Red Cross, volunteer at your house of worship. Make a difference.
7. Renew relationships with family and friends. Every week, send a note or make a call, and re-connect with the people who have helped you along the way.
8. Make a point every single day to tell someone you appreciate them, that you are grateful for their help. Practice the attitude of gratitude!
9. Raise your sites and increase your goals. Double what you expect of yourself and your world, then commit to making it happen! Expect great things.
10. Be kind to yourself and those around you. Be gentle, practice patience, expect the best and settle for nothing less.
Thatís it for this week. Is it Barbra Streisand who says, "Be good to yourself, and to someone else"? Have a wonderful week!
© Copyright 2003 by Philip E. Humbert. All Rights Reserved. This article may be copied and used in your own newsletter or on your website as long as you include the following information: "Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert, writer, speaker and success coach. Dr. Humbert has over 300 free articles, tools and resources for your success, including a great newsletter! It's all on his website at: <http://www.philiphumbert.com>
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/ <http://ezinearticles.com>
© 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001,
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011,
2012, 2013, 2014