My friend needs to see a doctor

Q:  Iam trying to help a friend whom I beleive is a BiPolar sufferer. I have been diagnosed as a sufferer and am knowledgable about the subject now and I beleive my friend needs to see a Doctor. Unfortunately he will not go for me, his wife or anybody else. What do I do now? Please help, Don

Dear Don --
You have asked a painful question, as the answer is not simple, nor very satisfactory either.  A lot of folks as about the same thing, so I asked Colleen who runs the Bipolar World website to write an essay on this topic.  She has plenty of experience on which to draw.  She's done a fine job of it.  I refer you then to her essay.  Good luck.

Dr. Phelps

Published February, 2001